Saturday, May 26, 2007

A beautiful day to be outside....

So 2 weeks has gone by again since I've posted, so I thought it was about time for a post and some pictures. Today was a beautiful, sunny day in Yellowknife, getting up to 23 C So Rebecca and I spent some time outside on our deck:


Since I last posted, it was also Mother's Day, as well as our 4th wedding anniversary a few days later. We spent our anniversary going out for supper to "The Office" restaurant, and then rented a movie to watch at home, while our friends watched Rebecca all evening. On Mother's Day we went to church and then to "The Explorer Hotel" for a lovely brunch buffet, it was yummy. No breakfast in bed for me, but that's ok cause then I would have been too full to eat this brunch! Here is me and my Sweetie Rebecca on Mother's Day:


On another note, I bought some strawberries a little while ago, and couldn't believe the size of some of the strawberries they have nowadays. Is it me, or have strawberries gotten bigger and bigger since we were kids? It makes you wonder what they put in them to get them that big! See what I mean, since when is a strawberry supposed to be bigger than a kiwi?


But the strawberries and the kiwis were a nice addition to this chocolate cheesecake I made. As Rachael Ray would say, Yum-O!!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Rebs. And that strawberry ... well, they've definitely gotten bigger since we were kids. Usually things seems smaller once you're older because you're bigger so this strawberry/kiwi thing just proves how honkin' they've become!

Michelle said...

That's a great pic of you and Rebecca, Moni! And WHOA.....you're putting Rachel and Martha to shame with that cake there. I'm impressed! Care to share the recipe?

Monika said...

Michelle, the recipe is from Kraft Canada, it's called "Our Best Chocolate Cheesecake". If you go to http://www.kraftcanada.com and search under cheesecakes you'll find it there.

Michelle said...

Looks like Rebecca enjoyed the sunshine. I'm sure you did too! Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day celebrations. Sounds like it was very yummy and lots of fun. What a great job on the chocolate cheesecake. The strawberries look delicious!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the recipe, Moni. I'll look that up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog Monika. I have spent several days reading most of it!

I like the looks of that cake as well, think I will check it out. Missed you this morning at our little play group. We had to stay inside though as the weather turned crummy:(

Oh well, maybe next time. Levi's bday is coming at the end of the month we'll probably be having a BBQ get together. My Mother is flying up for it, though has to leave the day of his bday as July 1 the fares go up. Maybe a Friday night BBQ on the 29th? Let me know if that is a good date for you. I'll be taking some days off before his bday.

Kelli