Monday, May 15, 2006

Update from Edmonton

So it is Monday May 15th now and we are still in Edmonton. We got here Wednesday the 10th, when we got to admitting they weren't even expecting us so we had to wait about an hour and a half till they figured out where we were supposed to go. Once on the ward, I spoke with a nurse and a medical student. Then Thursday I finally spoke with the pediatrician and another med resident. That day Rebecca was supposed to have a test done where they see how fast her stomach empties, we waited and waited, then they cancelled it! It was finally done on Friday, and it showed that her stomach empties at a normal rate, so that's good. Friday I talked with the gastroenterologist, the doctor who will be putting Sweetie's g-tube in. She told me the earliest she could do it was Tuesday the 16th. So they let us leave for the weekend, Rebecca and I went and stayed with some friends in Beaumont, my friend Dawn and her family, they used to live in Yellowknife too. So we had a nice weekend, it was fun and much better than spending it at the hospital!! We even got to do some shopping on Sunday afternoon.
So now it's Monday, and we're back here. Then plan is to put the g-tube in tomorrow, and there is a slight chance we could be home by Wednesday evening, but probably not till Thursday or Friday. They want to make sure everything is working ok before sending us back to Yellowknife. Wednesday is our 3rd anniversary, and I for sure thought we would be home by then, that's a week since we left! Calvin even took the day off work, and now it looks like we won't be back till later in the week. So I probably will have spent Mother's Day AND our anniversary without Calvin in Edmonton.
Well that's all the news for now....looking forward to coming back to the 'Knife later in the week.
Update: They just told me that they plan on putting the g-tube in tomorrow (Tues) at 11:30 am. So please keep Becky in your prayers at that time, thanks!

3 comments:

polarpegs said...

Hey Mon,
I know your guy is missing you. He was here over the weekend and I could see it in his eyes. I am so sorry you guys weren't together for M-Day but I am praying with all my might that you can get back here before too late on Wednesday.
Call me and we can catch up when you get back

Monika said...

Thanks Peg! And thanks for feeding my hubby too, I'm sure he appreciated it.

Colleen said...

I shall keep on praying for thee, dear Monika, and for thy Rebs. What an ordeal!

On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear you went for it and got the new do ... I'm thinking, mohawk? Redhead? I can't wait to see it.

Much love and prayers,
C