Tuesday, November 14, 2006

After 20 months, I'm taking the plunge...













So tomorrow I am doing something that I haven't done in 20 months - going back to work! For those who don't know, I'm an x-ray tech at the hospital. I haven't worked since a few weeks before Rebecca was born, and wasn't sure when or if I'd be able to return. I just want to work casual, on average maybe 1 or 2 days a week when Calvin is off. I am looking forward to getting back into it, but am a bit nervous too - but I guess that is normal after being away from it all for 20 months! So I hope it all goes well and that Calvin will manage watching Sweetie for 9 hours, which is something he's never done! Hopefully she'll be her usual sweet little quiet self and he'll do just fine.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck going back to work Monika! I've been off for as long as I've been married - since July 1, 2005. Because Chris and I are now in the USA I am not legally allowed to work because I don't have the proper Visa or a greencard. There are definitely times when I wish I was at work.

Michelle said...

YAY! You updated your blog! Congrats Monika, on going back. That'll probably feel like a huge adjustment again; switching gears. But you'll do great! Everyone loves to work with you. You're as gentle as your blog name -- a koala bear! Good luck tomorrow!

Melissa said...

I'm sure everything will go well with going back to work. Good luck

Mobachs said...

You will do great! We will be praying.. if you need anything just call!
anne

Michelle said...

How'd your first day go, Monika?

polarpegs said...

WOW that is big news. See I don't check your blog for a few days and look what happens....