Friday, November 24, 2006

Becky got her bangs cut...

So I decided to go ahead and give Rebecca a haircut last night. This was the first time I've ever cut someone else's hair (well, besides using the clippers for Calvin), but I thought 'how hard can it be'? Just trim the bangs a bit and that's it. So I sat her in the Kimba chair, divided her hair into front and back sections, wet it, and got to work ..... snip .... snip .... oh oh, that looks crooked now .... snip snip .... still crooked? Snip chop chop snip....well before I knew it, her bangs were WAY shorter than I had wanted! And they were still not totally even!! Grrr!! Thank goodness I didn't go into hairdressing. Poor lil Sweetie has super short, uneven bangs now. It didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but at least I know that it's only hair and in a few weeks it should look better.


BEFORE:

DURING:

AFTER!!

9 comments:

polarpegs said...

She is still a little sweetie and we went shopping for her today.

It is just hair... it grows back. Now you won't have to cut it again for a while.

It takes practice cutting bangs. My sister always gather the bangs tightly together and then snip. This makes them spread out with a nice shape. Still takes practice, A little at a time.

Oh and Marie has cut Cole's hair forever if you ever need some free advice call her.

Lynn & Ryan said...

She looks adorable Monika! They will grow back sooner than you think anyways and then you can try again...LOL!

Laurie said...

I love it. You can see her eyes again. I think you did a wonderful job for the first time. Way to go Mon.

Michelle said...

Are you trying to give her the boxed-in look? J.K! (Christine in Anola says Hi!)
Michelle

Monika said...

Michelle, that is hilarious, I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment! Of course, I'm the only one who gets that inside joke, but that brought back some funny memories...LOL
Christine from Anola still remember me? Say hi to her too when you see her next.
Moni

Michelle said...

LoL!

Colleen said...

Adorable, Monie! I've always loved Rebs' hair but this is especially sweet.

Sarah said...

Hello.. I came to your site by complete accident. I entered "Kimba" in the search bar, because my daughter is getting one, and your site popped up. I am in complete AWE of how much your daughter reminds me of mine. My girl is 17 months old. I would love to talk to you, but cannot find an email for you. Mine is Sarahndipity93@yahoo.com.. please use it. Hope to talk soon, Sarah

Monika said...

Sarah,
Thanks for your comment. I sent you an email...
Monika