Thursday, February 22, 2007

Weekend Getaway

We are heading to Blachford Lake Lodge this weekend, leaving tomorrow morning and driving out to Reid Lake, then snowmobiling to the lodge from there, it's about an 80 km snowmobile drive from Reid Lake going over lakes and through trails between the lakes. I'm a bit nervous about this, as I've never snowmobiled such a big stretch before! They say it should take about 3 hours, and I'm sure I will be quite sore by the time we get there. They have an outdoor hot tub that I will be putting to good use.
Then on Monday, I take Rebecca down to Edmonton for 2 days for 2 doctor appointments. So we have a busy few days up ahead!! I will update and post pictures as soon as I can.
This will be the longest I've ever been away from Rebecca, I'm sure I will miss my Sweetie lots but she will be in good hands.
Please pray for safety on the trails and lakes going out and coming back. Looking forward to a hopefully relaxing weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That sounds really fun, Moni! Hopefully you won't have really big hills to venture over. Although, that can be fun, too! Enjoy your trip! Sounds like a good wkd ahead of you!

Colleen said...

Oh! Have a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it. I expect to see you wrinkled and pruned from all your hot tubbing. :)

David said...

That looks like a great location to go snowmobiling. Have lots of fun and don't try any of those jumps like my wife the dare devil does!