Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A lesson learned the hard way...

I did something really stupid 2 days ago. In an attempt to free up some hard disk space, I accidentally deleted all the pictures from my computer! Yup, all of 'em. I managed to get some of them back from the recycle bin, but it was 6 GB worth of pictures and they did not all go into the recycle bin, once it's full they bypass it, from what I understand. So a guy from Calvin's v-ball team came over last night with a program to recover deleted files from the hard drive. So far I've managed to get my wedding pictures back and pics of Rebecca from when she was just born, also all the pics I took so far this year are retrieved. But, I'm still missing many pictures that I took from June - Dec 2005. Now, some of you may be wondering, if had not backed up these pictures onto a CD? Well, I had burned some of the pics, but not nearly all of them and always thought I'd get around to it some day. Well, looks like I won't get all my pictures back now. Also, little video clips I had taken of Rebecca with her Oma and Opa (my parents) I can not seem to get back - I can see the file but it won't open. I am so frustrated! More at myself, than anything, for being so dumb to not have backed everything up. So for any of you reading this who have lots of valuable pictures on your computer, please be smarter than me and back up your picture files, before it's too late!!

2 comments:

polarpegs said...

That sucks... Will be praying on that one.

Colleen said...

Oh, Monica! That's awful. Yes, your words struck a chord with me as I have not backed up my pics either. Gleep. Guess what's next on the "to do" list?